Summit Christian Church is an independent Christian church located in West Akron. It is our desire to minister to our surrounding communities with the love of Jesus Christ.
Our Vision is to be a friendly, externally focused church, touching lives and meeting needs for people of all races.
Our Purpose is to turn people into fully devoted followers of Jesus.
Our Desire is for every member to be involved in:
- Worship during Sunday morning services.
- Learning through our Life Groups.
- Serving our church and the community through one of our ministries.
- Giving our time and talents to further the cause of Christ
Mike Martin is the senior Pastor of Summit Christian Church. He has also served churches in Tennessee, Florida and California in youth and sports ministries. Mike is a graduate of Green High School. He has a Bachelor degree in Bible and Christian Ministry from Kentucky Christian University and has postgraduate work at Pacific Christian University and Cincinnati Bible Seminary. Mike and his family live in West Akron and are involved in the community.
What We Believe
At Summit Christian Church, we believe…
- The Bible is God’s word to all humanity. It was written by human authors, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is our source for truth and our foundation for living.
2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105, Proverbs 10:5
- Salvation is a gift of God through Jesus Christ. We believe Jesus is God’s son who died on the cross and was raised on the third day. Personal salvation requires that we publicly confess who Jesus Christ is and our own faith in his sacrificial work on the cross.
John 3:16, Acts 2:38, Romans 3:23-26
- Our purpose is to turn people into fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Summit Christian should be like the first century church. It must be a fellowship meeting people’s needs and applying Jesus’ practical teaching to everyday life. It is a church that partakes of the Lord’s supper each week and immerses new believers into Christ through Christian baptism just as the church did in the first century. Acts 2:42-47
- A church should be a nondenominational community of believers organized to focus on New Testament Christianity. Summit Christian is such a community. We network with a fellowship of nearly 6,000 independent churches across the United States.